12 months with the Sony RX10 Mk4

Started 5 days ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Rodger1943
Rodger1943 Forum Pro • Posts: 14,163
12 months with the Sony RX10 Mk4

Some of you know that I host the wildlife thread on the Panasonic Compact Camera forum and have come from the Pansonic FZ1000 to the RX10 Mk4. I have now had the Sony for one year and would like to post some results of birds that I’ve taken during that period. I realise that I’m probably preaching to the converted, but the detail that the camera can produce is amazing. With the help of people on this forum, I feel that I now have a better understanding of what its capable of producing.

Most of the images have been cropped, as even a 600mm EFL lens still won’t get you close enough to a lot of the smaller birds that I like. The reason I can crop a lot is that the original details are so good, a significant crop can be done and plenty of details remain. I don’t attribute the details in these images to any particular skill of mine, it is simply the camera doing a great job.

I haven’t included any birds in flight, or insects in this post, as I thought I’d save them for further posts, but as you know, the RX10Mk4 is quite capable of capturing those subjects.

Eastern Spinebill.

Red-browed Finch.

Spotted Pardalote.

Scarlet Robin.

Black-shouldered Kite

Superb Blue Wren.

-- hide signature --

Panasonic FZ1000 FZ200 Sony RX10 iv

Rodger1943's gear list:Rodger1943's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic FZ1000 +2 more
Panasonic FZ1000 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow