epson r3000 prints have random wet blobs of black ink

Started Aug 28, 2014 | Questions thread
John Brewton Contributing Member • Posts: 755
Re: R3000 Black Ink Blobs

kennebunk larry wrote:

Dennis from Florida wrote:

I just got the same problem - black ink blobs. I'm thinking of trying the cleaning suggestions......did anyone have success with this?

Hi,

To be complete, you should read all the posts in this thread. Cleaning didn't work for me. I did buy the switch/damper assembly described by Petruska in this thread and decided not to attempt the repair- the new part purchased through eBay is still in the box, unopened.

What I ended up doing, which you can consider if you are unsuccessful and which is very, very easy, is convert your R3000 permanently to a matte only printer. I did this 6 months ago and it continues to print beautifully. I love having it. I also bought the P600 for my glossy prints 8 months ago and have used the R3000 more!

Here's what I did to convert from... from my post in this thread 6 months ago:

"Also, I salvaged my R3000 by switching to MK ink after wrapping my PK ink with plastic wrap because the PK cartridge was badly leaking. Now, at least, I have a dedicated matte printer in the R3000. I have made many matte prints now with no blobs;-)"

Yep, this worked for me, too. I thought it strange this problem occurs with only the glossy  black.

-- hide signature --

www.johnbrewton.zenfolio.com

John Brewton's gear list:John Brewton's gear list
Leica M9-P Nikon Z7 Nikon Z 50mm F1.8
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow