A6100: very slow shutter speed in Program / Auto modes with Auto ISO

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
stefpix Regular Member • Posts: 175
A6100: very slow shutter speed in Program / Auto modes with Auto ISO

I purchased a couple of A6100 to replace my A6000 and A6300. 250 cheaper than the A6400 made it seem worth saving. I just noticed that in Auto ISO, the A6100 picks really slow shutter speeds in dark situations. It keeps the ISO low. I am aware that it does not have a minimum shutter speed setting with Auto ISO, but I compared it with the A6000 and there is a huge difference. If not having a minimum shutter speed option, it would be great to have 2 settings for auto modes bias. If I use P or A it is usually in situations where there are action and inconsistent lighting. It feels almost like a dealbreaker. With the A6000 the camera seems to pick 1/125 ss in general, while the A6100 picks 1/30 ss. I may be shooting with a wide-angle lens but in a room full of people that is insufficient. Any way to bring up the issue with Sony?

stefpix's gear list:stefpix's gear list
Sony FE 55mm F1.8
Sony a6000 Sony a6300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow