Suitable Mac Upgrade for Use w/ Photos and 60k photos

Started 11 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
G1 User Regular Member • Posts: 226
Suitable Mac Upgrade for Use w/ Photos and 60k photos

Hello, I have an old 2008 Mac Pro upgraded over the years which we now mainly use for Photos and have over 60,000 photos loaded. I have not found any suitable software replacement over the years which supports that many photos that also supports all the Apple formats. We use all the features of Photos.

We have stability/speed issues when editing a lot of photos in a session. We want to upgrade the computer and was initially thinking of the Mac Pro, but the cost is high and probably overkill since we don’t edit videos much any more.

I was thinking of instead of getting an almost loaded  MacBook Pro 16 with 2 TB SSD since portability is a nice positive and forego updating the new MP over its life.

Do anyone think that the MacBook Pro can handle that many and growing photos in Apple Photos? I figure that rather than using the MacPro longer, I can get a new MBP or what ever sooner than the MP since it costs about half the price.

Second question, is the stability improved with the latest Photos?

Thank You.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow