Best backpack / rucksack for hiking photographers

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
N Smith Junior Member • Posts: 26
Re: Best backpack / rucksack for hiking photographers

starfly wrote:

N Smith wrote:

Great thread and oh so true!

I spent ages looking for a setup that worked for me and used the Jack Wolfskin ACS photopack for a while as it had a decent harness and trampoline back. Unfortunately the hip belt was not so good, there was not much room for any other gear and the pack was a little too short.

Since then I've witched to an Osprey Stratos with a camera bag insert. The side zipper allows access to my gear without having to open the top flap if I need to.

I still don't know why none of the camera backpack companies or even a company like Peak Design still haven't brought out a backpack with a decent carrying system for photography gear.

I was just experimenting last week with the Stratos 36 backpack at my local REI, trying to fit in a camera cube (Peak Design Medium Camera Cube) and seeing if I could easily access gear through the side zipper. I just couldn't get it to work smoothly. Which ICU are you using?

Sorry to take so long to reply. I bought the ICU from Amazon

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00ME00YVO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The link is to amazon.de but you should be able to find it elsewhere too.

N Smith's gear list:N Smith's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX210 IS Canon EOS 60D Tamron AF 18-270mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC LD Aspherical (IF) MACRO Canon EF 50mm F1.8 II Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow