Canon M50 or Canon 250D kit?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
barfwizard New Member • Posts: 8
Canon M50 or Canon 250D kit?

Hi!

I'm looking to purchase a camera around New Year and I've narrowed it down to Canon M50 and the Canon SL3 / 250D / 200D II (Phew!)

I was thinking I would go with a single kit lens at the least, and both cost approx the same here in India - M50 around 54k INR (~ 700 USD) and 250D around 47k INR (~ 650 USD) before discounts/offers applied.

During college, I've mainly used rented/borrowed Canons from 550D to 700D, which is primarily why I looked at Canon first. Now that I'm working (and have a bit of $$ saved up), I wanted to get back to photography or shooting casual video as a hobby or a creative outlet.

I've gone through the specifications, reviews and all sorts of comparisions between the two, and I can't seem to pick one - at a high level both are identical (except for the mirrorless bit) and both take excellent photograhs/video.

The thing about the SL3 that bothers me is the autofocus points in the viewfinder, does it matter much? And with the whole market moving towards mirrorless, would it matter/be future proof if we go with a regular DSLR now?

About the M50, its the battery life and the lens selection (I know I can get an adapter, and then buy another lens, but ehh) is something that bothers me. Not to mention I can get the dual kit lens combo with the 250D by paying roughly 3k INR more.

So, the most obvious question, which one should I go for?

TLDR: Beginner, unsure whether to go with the Canon M50 or Canon SL3 / 250D.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow