Why most people seem to switch to Fuji's mirrorless than Canon's M series?

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
davev8
davev8 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,624
Re: Most? No. But...

jalywol wrote:

davev8 wrote:

I guess I will not be able to explain this to you. I spent a lot of time over in M43 land, and having native glass at 100-300mm and 100-400mm (200-600mm, and 200-800mm FF equiv), in a reasonably sized package was just lovely. Sure I can adapt an EF 100-400mm, but that kind of defeats the purpose of the smaller system......

so tel me why are you not still with m43 with all the tiny long lenses ???

Because I have the RP, and I wanted to not have to carry two entirely different systems. Since I have the 70-300mm for the RP, I can get close enough to the same reach as the 100-300mm on the M43, with just the M50 and EF-M adapter, rather than having to carry both a different body and different lenses.....And the sensor output on the M50 is actually lovely. I am quite pleased with it for my purposes, it's just I wish the system had more native lens options, as the cameras themselves and their output is quite nice.

-J

i dont think we will see long APS-c lenses from canon..in what must be over 15 years of canon APS-c DSLRs i can't think of a APS-c lens longer than 250mm

-- hide signature --

Attention Dislexsic i mean dyslexic person... This post will have many although spell checked, spelling and grammatical errs ..its The best its going get so no need to tell me its bad i know it is .....................................................................................................
My 5D IS a MK1 classic
..........................................................................................................
There is no argument for FF vs APS-c (or m43) with shallow DOF..as it's a law of physics and a very subjective personal thing if you want to make use of the shallow DOF only FF can offer
...........................................................................................................
Political correctness....somebody being offended on someone else's behalf....who that someone doesn't give a damn in the first place ....David Appleton.
.....................................................................................................
If you wait for a camera that will  tick all your boxes ....by then you will have more boxes to tick..... so the wait continues .....David Appleton
..................................................................................................
quoting irrefutable facts may get you branded a racist ..even if no race is involved .......David Appleton
.....................................................................................................

davev8's gear list:davev8's gear list
Canon EOS Rebel SL1 Canon EOS 5D Nikon D70s Sony Alpha NEX-C3 Canon EOS M5 +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow