Why most people seem to switch to Fuji's mirrorless than Canon's M series?

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
Ben Herrmann
Ben Herrmann Forum Pro • Posts: 20,973
So many options - I think you'd be happy...

...whichever way you elect to go.  The Canon EOS M system is a very comfortable system to use, although for me personally, I wish they had more of an EF-M lens selection.  I've had nothing but fun using various M cameras.

By the same token, if you were to go to the Fuji route, once acclimated, you will enjoy using their cameras very much also.  And as far as lenses are concerned, Fuji has the largest selection of APS-C lenses on the market (Fuji made lenses, that is).  If you want expanded dynamic range, and cleaner high ISO scenarios, then Fuji is a superb option to pursue.

So in the end, there are lots of choices among all of the brands.  Once you elect to pursue a particular brand, you'll be focused on their cameras, how to use them, and you'll find their respective forums to be quite helpful (with a similar cast of characters frequenting those forums as you do on all of the forums).

Remember, in the end, it's not the equipment that solely results in superb images.  Rather, it's a combination of gear and the photographer's imagination, knowledge, and patience that will determine the outcome.  Do you have what it takes?

Ben Herrmann's gear list:Ben Herrmann's gear list
Fujifilm X30 Panasonic FZ1000 Canon EOS M Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-PL7 +18 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow