Alternative to Windows 10 photo viewer?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
JahnG
JahnG Senior Member • Posts: 2,769
Re: Alternative to Windows 10 photo viewer?

Hosebag wrote:

The old photo viewer from Windows 7 is still on your machine. You just have to un-hide it, and you can even make it the default photo viewer.

Google how to do it..........

What happens to a possibly un-hid windows photo viewer in win 10, when a major update occures, like from version 1903 to 1909 (or some coming version like ie 2003....).

I'm still using W7, and the old photo viewer is important for me. I have understood that drivers/programs that no longer (by MS) are intended to be used in Win10 , might very well be removed / changed during major W10 updates?

As I'm using computers as tools, and not as a hobby to continuously work on / or update, I'm not keen on every half a year start tweaking my computers.

Anybody here, who has experience of "tweaking" the "photo viewer" to work in the first Win 10 versions a couple of years ago, and which program would still work in current W10, without any "tweaking"? Or did major updates force you to redo the "tweaking of "photo viewer"?

JahnG's gear list:JahnG's gear list
Canon PowerShot A650 IS Panasonic ZS100 Pentax K100D Super Pentax K-r Pentax K-S1
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Austinian
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow