Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
Rick Knepper
Rick Knepper Forum Pro • Posts: 17,560
Re: Backslide..... 😂

Greg7579 wrote:

Rick Knepper wrote:

…. I allowed myself to backslide to FF.

Rick, you are a teller of truth and are a wise sage of what is true and good.

You almost went GFX 100, but decided on the great alphasevenarefour. That is understandable, especially in your case where you want some serious reach and action shots.

But it is also a backslide. 😎

It's all a bit fuzzy now, but at the time of the GFX 100 release, my first trip of 2019 was upon me. I was not on the first wave and my next photo trip was 2 1/2 months away so I felt good about canceling and surely Fuji would be caught up by July. I could get the camera and test it out, decide on whether or not to keep it before that July trip. In June, I became aware of the upcoming A7rIV release & the Sony 200-600 release. It was the 200-600 that sealed the backslide for me. This kit was essentially half the price of the GFX 100 so it felt like it could be a decent stocking stuffer.

Now, I am holding off until the GFX 100 (& the 50mm) get into the rebate program.

-- hide signature --

Once you've done fifty, anything less is iffy.

Rick Knepper's gear list:Rick Knepper's gear list
Pentax 645Z Canon EOS 5DS R Fujifilm GFX 50S Sony a7R IV Pentax smc D FA 645 55mm F2.8 AL (IF) SDM AW +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
rbf
rbf
rbf
rbf
rbf
tex
rbf
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow