Medium Format vs. Full Frame Locked

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
DenWil
DenWil Veteran Member • Posts: 4,130
Re: Fujifilm 690s

Chris Dodkin wrote:

I shoot with a pair of Fujifilm 690s - also known as Texas Leicas, so can give you some first hand experience.

As you can see, there's a strong family resemblance between the latest GFX50R model

The camera is easy to carry and shoot, so makes a great street, architecture, walk about or landscape model to use. Film loading, advance, recovery is easy and trouble free.

I think these cameras provide a great intro into 120 film shooting, are robust enough to perform decades later without the need for major overhaul, and are most importantly enjoyable to use.

Plenty for sale online - I bought mine from Japan, and they were in mint condition, and have continued to perform flawlessly for a decade or so.

Prices range from $300-$500 for the models. So you can buy a pair for less than the cost of a single GFX lens.

Another potential point of interest-

If you are one of those people wanting to take their camera to restricted venues , Coachella for instance-  being a fixed  lens  camera gets you into places with the IQ of  a MF 6x9  that even a petite   M43 ILC  may not be able to go.

-- hide signature --

dw

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
rbf
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow