Medium Format vs. Full Frame Locked

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
Hiphopapotamus Senior Member • Posts: 1,175
Re: Medium Format vs. Full Frame

And your still not realising that modern negs have way better lattitude and resolution than slides did then either... And you won't either because you've never shot a roll of Ektar 100 next to Velvia 50 and realised just because it says 50 on the box it doesn't mean "crap."

Pardon my french but it doesn't, slide film is dead to me... If it isn't the current crisis between Kodak and Tetenal leading Kodak labs to ask the question whether they should all switch to Fuji because they can't get any stock at the moment... It's the realisation that there isn't the resolution, colour space, or dynamic range in slide film now that you can get out of colour negs...

And if I want to shoot 50 ASA there's other options, such as cinema film, that offers better results than any slide can.

Hiphopapotamus's gear list:Hiphopapotamus's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
rbf
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow