What camera settings do you set?

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
GivenToFly Junior Member • Posts: 46
What camera settings do you set?

Hey, all!! I would be interested in knowing what camera settings do you set manually. I'm thinking of this question in terms of two categories. First, which settings do you manually set, while shooting, periodically? I'm randomly defining "periodically" as at least 10% of the time. Obviously, that 10% threshold is meant just as a rough guide; I don't expect anyone to know exactly what percentage of the time do they set shutter speed. So examples of settings that you might set periodically would be aperture, ISO, or shutter speed. Anything else? (If you set picture settings, just saying picture settings in general without naming the specific ones would be very helpful to know.)

The second category of settings would be something you set once and never go to again, or almost never go to again, and typically wouldn't change during actual shooting. So even if you select a setting to auto when you first took the camera out of the box, that would fall into this category. Examples here could be slowest shutter speed or highest ISO.

I'm asking to think through what I need to think about when taking photos (both, settings I might select while shooting, and settings that I might select once and then be done with), so any info you offer would be greatly appreciated. I'm interested only in stills and not video. It also would be useful to know if you typically shoot in RAW or JPEG. If you only answer to one or the other category, and even if you only answer briefly and not completely (i.e., if you don't reference RAW vs JPEG), that would still be very, very helpful.

I cross-posted this in other forums. I hope that's ok!!

Thank you very much!!!

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow