What Fuji camera to purchase with best JPEG?

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
John Crawley
John Crawley Senior Member • Posts: 1,285
Re: What Fuji camera to purchase with best JPEG?

One of the things I do with a new camera is try multiple settings in sharpness, contrast, film simulation etc.  In that way i find out which formula gives me the best JPEGS.  It will be different for each photographer, because we all approach this very individually. I could offer you my settings, but that might not as pleasing to you as say those of someone like Jim Radcliff.    The point is, play with it in all kinds of lighting settings, then find your sweet spot.

The old photojournalist saying of F8 and don't be late has a lot of truth to it.  It meant set your camera up for maximum performance and go and shoot. In that way you don't have to fool with the "gear" but instead spend your time fooling with the subject matter.It took me a few tries, but on my Fujis I've got a recipe and I stick with it.  Makes my JPEGS sing. (BTW, I seldom use F8.)

-- hide signature --

John Crawley
“Let there be light.” It all began right there.
There are three kinds of people: those that are good at math and those that are not.

John Crawley's gear list:John Crawley's gear list
Leica X Vario Leica V-Lux (Typ 114) Fujifilm X100F Leica M Typ 240 Fujifilm X-Pro2
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow