What Fuji camera to purchase with best JPEG?

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
dmaclau Senior Member • Posts: 2,892
Re: What Fuji camera to purchase with best JPEG?

Magic777 wrote:

Thank you John and Ashley,

My decision to purchase a X-T30 was based on your and other recommendations.

1.As you mentioned few times the IQ of JPEGs will be as good as from any camera of current or previous generation.

2. Good AF is important for me- less for sport; mostly to family (children) and events photography.

3. Current generation camera will provide me with some kind of "future proof" feeling for next few years (as you mentioned).

So thanks again.

I hope that it will be some price discount on the Black Friday but will order a camera in any case.

congrats on making a decision.

I switched from Nikon in 2016 when they released the X Pro2.  I had been Nikon continuously since 1971 but needed (and love) the OVF.  I was very impressed with Fuji's capabilities and wound up going from all RAW to 90+% JPG.  It's my observation that each generation of processor gets just a little better.  In any given year the answer to your question would be the latest model, your choice is a good one.

I suggest you get a copy of the free desktop software "Fujifilm X Raw Studio."  This allows you to use the camera's processor to adjust images in real time on your computer screen.  What this does for me is allow easier and faster trials of JPG "recipes."

-- hide signature --

absolute power corrupts...absolutely

dmaclau's gear list:dmaclau's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X70 Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow