Should I trade in my E-M5 Mark ll for a E-M5 Mark lll?

Started 9 months ago | Polls thread
OP RSSrsvp Veteran Member • Posts: 3,242
Re: Should I trade in my E-M5 Mark ll for a E-M5 Mark lll?

Xcelent wrote:

Waiting another 6 months will certainly be prudent. Mainly things can happen given this climate, besides a significant drop in price of this E-M5 III, since almost everybody say it is over-priced. The extra time will let you read some reviews and user feedback, avoid teething problems in manufacture, and consider other matters, e.g. a possible sale of Olympus' camera business to another company or perhaps some new model that is even better in chasing children.

I agree that prices should start to drop in 6 months or so but on the other side of the coin the trade-in value of my Mark ll will also drop.

I am not concerned about Olympus selling their camera business and if it happens, so be it.

I don't see Olympus releasing any new bodies in the next year or so, never was in love with the Panasonic bodies (please don't try to convince me otherwise) and have no intentions of switching to another system so it is still a matter if the move to the Mark lll will give me a really good ROI.

 RSSrsvp's gear list:RSSrsvp's gear list
Olympus E-M5 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Pro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow