Off-camera Flash Recomendations

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Jeff2013
Jeff2013 Senior Member • Posts: 2,826
Re: Off-camera Flash Recomendations

EJojophotomo wrote:

I use Flashpoint gear, and am pretty happy with it. I use the lithium ion flash and also the eVolv 200. The quality of light seems fine, and they haven't overheated on me yet, or stopped working for any reason.

My critique of them, however, is that the integrated R2 radio system doesn't have the reliability for professional use. I get a lot of no-fires when I use the Flashpoint transmitter which really sucks when have 5-10 minutes with someone and your strobe doesn't go off when you're trying to capture a good moment. So for that reason, I use Pocket Wizard Plus IIIs for the radio system.

That being said, the lithium ion flash they sell is pretty good. Obviously when it's mounted on the camera you don't need to worry about the radio system, and the TTL seems to work pretty well.

I shoot the 860’s, AD200’s and AD600’s with triggers. I solved the misfire problem by turning EFCS off. Now, I rarely ever experience a misfire; whereas, I experienced up to 30% misfires with it on.

-- hide signature --
 Jeff2013's gear list:Jeff2013's gear list
Sony RX1R II Sony a9 Sony a7R IV Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro +14 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
kli
kli
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow