Future of the camera market

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Canadianguy Senior Member • Posts: 2,188
Future of the camera market

By Thom released this article about model planning in the future for Nikon.

http://dslrbodies.com/newsviews/nikon-2019-news/november-2019-nikon-canon/my-proposal-for-nikons.html

This being a Fujifilm forum - what he thinks Nikon should do isn't really important but his assumptions can be applied to Fujifilm.

His base assumption - future camera market will be a 4M units world wide / year.

He takes Nikon's predicated market share and multiples it by the 4M to get an annual volume - he then builds a model line-up based on that predicated volume. His thinking is 600K units / year with 8 camera models for Nikon.

If we apply that model of 4M camera units being sold world wide with Fujifilm having a 5% share - that works out to a 200K unit for Fujifilm.

How many models do you think Fujifilm can support with 200K unit sales / year? I believe the 5% market share would include the GFX line as well.

One could argue that Fujifilm can support more models because they reuse the same sensors / processors over their entire model lineup with the same sensor size but I think people are beginning to get tired of that and not sure how much longer that is going to work for Fujifilm...

Which Fujifilm models do you see surviving in the a 200K unit sales / year future?

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow