* The Weekly Image Thread 19 11 18 #392 *

Started 2 months ago | Photos thread
19andrew47
OP 19andrew47 Forum Pro • Posts: 34,253
Re: New Lens

That is a great set Rich!  All wonderful images.  You did well!  I am glad to hear that you are happy with your new acquisition!

I have been busy processing and tossing thousands of hockey images.  There is no rest for the wicked!  I must have been very very bad!  A year ago I had to switch the shutter speed from 1/320 s to 1/400 s to get sharper images of the moving youngsters.  The little b. are getting faster yet.  That shutter speed will not stop the faster ones any more.  I am afraid to go faster as the iso s will climb considerably.  I already max out at 3200 at times, depending upon the rink.  I could use the 45 mm f/1.2 but would lose the ability to zoom in from time to time.  It would likely focus faster.  However, not sure how much dof I would get at f/2 or f/1.8.  Likely not enough but I am probably at least 50 ft away, perhaps more.  I did some test shots at a goalie this week but have not had a chance to look at them yet.

I have one more game to finish up tonight then will be caught up until tomorrow night.  Game tomorrow, Saturday, Monday and not sure what after that.

If these kids get much faster I will have to retire from shooting hockey or buy a camera that doesn't need light so I can shoot at 1/1000 s not at iso 16 000.

I got nothin' for tomorrow night so it may have to wait until Saturday morning (the new thread).

Andrew

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow