P900 at 12.6 Miles

Started 2 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Randy2468 Regular Member • Posts: 124
P900 at 12.6 Miles

I was photographing a tower at 2.7 miles and in line of sight was a building that I later found was 12.6 miles away.

Except for the atmospheric aberrations I think it would have been pretty good.

Which got me thinking about the P1000 I was considering buying probably next spring. If The P900 can reach out far enough to the point that its limited by atmospheric haze etc, I'm not sure how much more I would get out of it. I live in the tropics where you can go swimming in the ocean in January so heat waves and blur due to the atmosphere is constant. Maybe if you live somewhere colder it makes more sense.

Also the P1000 is just massive. Anyway.....that building in the background was 12.6 miles from where I took the pic. I'm pretty sure that if the atmosphere had allowed, I would have been able to make out a person on one of the balconies.

I also think I could have improved it just a tad more with manual focus because this was on AF.

Randy2468's gear list:Randy2468's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX20 IS Fujifilm FinePix HS10 Panasonic FZ1000 Nikon Coolpix P900 +1 more
Nikon Coolpix P1000 Nikon Coolpix P900
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow