Thanks Danny!

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
kohinoor Senior Member • Posts: 1,061
Thanks Danny!

Inspired by Danny's phantastic pics I recently bought a Canon fd 500mm f4.5 lens for use on a Pana G85.
As I was new to both manual lenses and m43 the buying decision wasn't exactly easy. Apart from Danny's great shots there wasn't much to be found on the net. And I didn't want to buy that hat just because I'd seen the magician pull those great birds from it.
So I had lots of pre purchase questions and for many of them a very limited audience who could give (experienced) advice.

In short, this post is to say Thank You Danny for the inspiration, the advice and all the good words!

Now here's some shots from a learner. All except the Brambling shot are wide open at f4.5. All shots are cropped but none are downsized, so all are 100%.
Birds on sticks first (difficult enough with twitchy birds and MF!):

Blue Tit, very common but still like them for their plumage

Brambling, strongly lifted in post from too dark exposure. I was too concentrated on MF.

Common Chaffinch

Male Bullfinch plagued by ticks (see full size!)

Goldfinch at the pond

Great Tit

Now some BIFs. Please consider this was only my third day with the lens! I did however have some great opportunities when autumn migration was high.

enough traffic for a blind chicken to find some corn...

This was my first in focus BIF!

A butt shot, yes, but still happy it's in focus and that I can see the duck's face!

More birds in the finder means better chances one is in focus !

And finally, the last one is my "special thanks" to Danny, I know he'll like it:

light from the back, lens wide open, the teacher told me ... and it worked!

Panasonic G85
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow