fastest way to offload pics from sd card to ssd WITHOUT LAPTOP

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
pocoloco Senior Member • Posts: 2,714
Re: fastest way to offload pics from sd card to ssd WITHOUT LAPTOP

billmcl wrote:

I'm going to be traveling for a few months thru Mexico so I decided to buy a $30 card reader that connects to my iphone. I also upgraded to a camera with two card slots so I can backup my cards as i shoot.

My plan is to transfer the "best" shots every few days to the phone and then upload them to the cloud when I am in range of good wifi. I'm not a pro or expert on this but it seems like reasonable plan with my extremely limited budget.

I would not count on the cloud storage. During all my travels I never had sufficient upload speed available to back up my images. Like it takes 4 days to backup 1 travel day... that won't work.

You might be lucky... but I would make sure that I got my bases covered without the cloud backup.

If you do need additional backup, and don't have money for an portable durable SSD (like the Sandisk versions) then an alternative might be a USB stick (durable waterproof or not). You can backup from your phone on that stick.

Good luck and happy shooting on your travels.

pocoloco's gear list:pocoloco's gear list
Sony RX100 Olympus Tough TG-2 Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M5 II Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +15 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Labe
MOD Labe
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow