Have any of you experienced the "Error 20" problem?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
LaszloBencze
OP LaszloBencze Contributing Member • Posts: 822
Re: Have any of you experienced the "Error 20" problem?

Peter1956 wrote:

Not sure if this is relevant but i had both error 20 and 30 on a 80D. Despite switching off taking battery out etc still would not work. Only after a few hours it came back to life. Sent it back to Canon they changed the shutter mechanism.

After a while the fault recurred . Back to Canon it went and they changed the mirror box assembly .

The fault did nor recur but ever since the repair my photos on all Canon lenses were not as sharp as before. The non Canon ones were find.

After all of this i traded it in for a 5Dmk4 which has been spot on so far after over a year of extensive use. To this day i do not know what the fault was or its cause as Canon would not answer that question .

Peter

Like yourself, I did ask Canon what might have caused the mirror box problem but they had no response. I will check to make sure that the auto focus is spot on. I usually do that by focusing a fast lens on the TV screen. If focus is spot on, you see the dot pattern. Will let you know how it works out.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow