Best pocket camera I have owned

Started 3 weeks ago | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jimilagro
jimilagro New Member • Posts: 5
Best pocket camera I have owned

I bought this used because I wanted a decent camera that fit in my pocket but that had a good zoom and produced good quality photos.  Given that the best camera is the one you have with you, I wanted a light weight camera for hiking and travel.  I got tired of lugging a typical DSLR around as it got in the way of my enjoying my hikes and travel adventures.  I am not a pro but I did want good photos.  Essentially, I wound up downsizing to this from my Canon Rebel T6s.  I feel the quality is excellent.

My only negative is that it has way more features than I need and it gets a bit confusing to use.  I like that it has a good macro zoom as well as just a regular zoom.  It will take me a bit of a learning curve but I am looking forward to doing more with it.  I just wish it was more user friendly.  Nothing is really very intuitive.

Overall, I really like this camera.  It beats my phone by a long shot and is easy to have with me all the time.

-- hide signature --

Jimmy

jimilagro's gear list:jimilagro's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS60
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS60 (Lumix DMC-TZ80)
18 megapixels • 3 screen • 24 – 720 mm (30×)
Announced: Jan 5, 2016
jimilagro's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
great
Action / sports
unrated
Landscapes / scenery
excellent
Portraits
unrated
Low light (without flash)
weak
Flash photography (social)
unrated
Studio / still life
great
= community average
Canon EOS Rebel T6s (EOS 760D / EOS 8000D) Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS60 (Lumix DMC-TZ80)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow