Is the Pentax model really important?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Oiche Senior Member • Posts: 1,751
Re: Is the Pentax model really important?

Hythloday wrote:

klimbkat wrote:

So, I guess I've got to keep buying gear and going places . . .

The last 4 pictures were taken during cycling trips. There was a moment when I said the camera and lens are a bit heavy to cycle around, especially when I replaced my DA16-45mm with a DA17-60mm. My solution was to buy a compact camera, a Panasonic Lumix LX 5. A very good camera, but when the sun shines you can hardly see anything on the screen. My solution is now to use a K-S2 with primes when the weather is not very bright.

I've been to Holland a few times, brought my bike there in 2001 to watch the Tour De France in Belgium and France. I loved cycling in Holland because of the provisions for cycling and safety it provides. Here it is lethal, absolutely dangerous so much that I can't enjoy it any longer, it is a wonder I'm still alive as I did 20,000km a year when I was a racer.

I still go out on the bike for a short photo trip, usually with K-70, DA* 60-250 and a few more below and just make sure I don't crash as it is all in a lightweight backpack with no protection! 😨

Use bicycle panniers to alleviate the weight, good for food shopping also 😃

Oiche's gear list:Oiche's gear list
Pentax K-70 Pentax smc DA* 60-250mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA 40mm F2.8 Limited Samyang 14mm F2.8 ED AS IF UMC HD Pentax DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow