Canon 24mm Pancake (w/Fringer Pro) vs...?

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Matt Swanson Regular Member • Posts: 233
Canon 24mm Pancake (w/Fringer Pro) vs...?

So apparently both the Canon APS-C pancake lenses (24/40 2.8 STM) are on sale as of now.  The 24mm is going for $99, the 40mm for $129.

Anyone have any experience with either of these?  My years shooting Canon APS-C, I never dabbled with either of these.

I have the Fringer Pro and the Canon 50 1.8 STM which work VERY well together on the X-T3.

I've been missing a simple 35-ish lens, and have thought about the two version Fuji offers, but I missed the last sale, and wondering if $100 is cheap enough to try this combo. Hell, for less than the price of the Fuji 23 2.0 I could pick up BOTH the 24 and the 40.

Just figured I'd poke my head in here and see if anyone can weigh in - I'd love to have the 23 1.4, but the $799 feels VERY steep.

Eventually my goal is to have an all-Fuji (or at least 3rd party and not have to use an adapter) lineup, but until then...

What do you all think?

-Swanny

Fujifilm X-T3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow