Advice upgrading from A7II

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
OFremen Regular Member • Posts: 394
Advice upgrading from A7II

I've had an A7II since they came out (roughly).  I love my a7ii, and feel like I've learned how to use it very well.  I wore out the shutter and had the shutter replaced...but now the proximity sensor is messing up and the rubber pieces are falling apart etc....so its still working great and I'm going to keep using it, but I think it might be about time to upgrade...
The problem is, I don't know what to upgrade to...I don't have unlimited funds...and I just bought the tamron 28-75 2.8 FE which is a really nice lens....but I'm looking at

the a7rii or the a7iii.    the only reason I'm eyeing the a7rii is that I think it might be nice to have the extra MP for group shots....i like the idea of shooting crop mode but still having plenty of mp for a high res shot.....sometimes at games I use crop mode so I can get closer shots of the marching band (my son is in it) and i noticed when I do that the resolution is quite lower than 24mp.  
Of course if money was no object I'd just get the a7rIII or a7rIV.... but i want to keep it down to 2k or less.

thanks for any advice

OFremen's gear list:OFremen's gear list
Sony a7 II Sony a6000 Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sony FE 28mm F2 Samyang 135mm F2.0 +2 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow