fastest way to offload pics from sd card to ssd WITHOUT LAPTOP

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
David Wilson Forum Member • Posts: 87
Re: fastest way to offload pics from sd card to ssd WITHOUT LAPTOP

Tom_N wrote:

Parisian wrote:

Gnarbox looks reliable, but super overpriced for what it does.

Any other options I missed out?

There's NeXTo Di, but if you think Gnarbox is "super overpriced", you're not in the market for one of those.

Some of them are over $2,000, and are probably meant for Hollywood movie producers – for whom that might be a drop in a multi-hundred-million-dollar budget.

I have been looking at the new Nexto DI NPS-10 XQD/CFEXPRESS model. They have them at B&H and Adorama. This model has an XQD slot, 2 UHS II slots and a Micro SD slot. You buy it without an SSD and add your own. It is not rugged like the Gnarbox or the new LaCie Rugged Boss SSD but with the extra memory card types it will handle everything I have in my arsenal.  It is less than the Gnarbox since you add your own SSD, you can put together a 1TB model less than $600.  Still expensive but not as much as the others.  It also has other features, can really do away with carrying a computer and just plug in a card, push the copy button and have it verified.  It also will create a duplicate of the SSD on and external device so you can have two separate copies and reformat your cards for further use.

-- hide signature --

Sony A7 III, Tamron 28-75 2.8, Tamron 17-28 2.8
Nikon D500, Nikon D5500 10-20, 18-55, 55-210, 35MM 1.8 DX, Tamron 18-400
Panasonic FZ1000
iPhone XR

David Wilson's gear list:David Wilson's gear list
Panasonic FZ1000
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Labe
MOD Labe
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow