Is the Pentax model really important?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Oiche Senior Member • Posts: 1,747
Re: Is the Pentax model really important?

Hythloday wrote:

Anders_Nilsson wrote:

In addition I personally believe that 24mp was the cornerstone of the market. Just like nothing important happened in the film market in the 1990's nothing important has happened in the DSLR market since 2013 when Pentax started to use the 24mp APS-C sensor.

The growth in MP's has stopped.

Has it? What are Canon APSC 32 MP and Sony a7r iv 61 MP full frame or Fuji 102 MP MF 44x33mm (twice as much as 645Z for same sensor size) then?

Now camera manufacturers try to make improvements by introducing pixel shift, etc.

In the computer world a similar thing took place some years ago. Some 20 years ago you had to buy a new computer every three years.

Really? I don't remember that rule either. Your 7 year old computer is a snail compared to today's stuff. I just built one a few months ago, a rocketship that eats Lightroom and can do virtual reality, how is VR on your computer?

Oiche's gear list:Oiche's gear list
Pentax K-70 Pentax smc DA* 60-250mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA 40mm F2.8 Limited Samyang 14mm F2.8 ED AS IF UMC HD Pentax DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow