E-PL10 sneaks into the European and UK market...

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Helen
Helen Veteran Member • Posts: 6,847
E-PL10 sneaks into the European and UK market...

Having just received a Russian-language newsletter from Olympus - weird, since I am in the UK! - which was clearly announcing the launch of the Pen E-PL10 in a Russian-speaking market, I checked the UK Olympus site and it's there too, in a pre-order state.  Not really huge news as it's a small update but it was only for the Japanese and possibly other Asian markets initially.

To recap, the E-PL10 is an E-PL9 with an all-black (well, graphite over black leatherette) version as well as the silver over white and silver over light brown versions shared with the E-PL9 (no silver over navy blue for this one) but more importantly, its main claim to fame is that silent shutter is restored as an option for PASM modes, instead of only being available in its own cut-down, program-only mode at the AP position (that still remains too I believe). No return of the Accessory Port for EVF though.  I seem to recall that there was some tiny other difference, but it escapes me.  Wouldn't it be nice if they graced the E-M10 Mark III with the proper silent shutter in a firmware upgrade (they did give it back wireless flash control when the E-PL9 launched with it, after all)?  Whether they do it is another question of course as I suppose it could divert a few sales from the E-M5 Mark III.

Olympus E-PL9 Olympus OM-D E-M10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow