A good time to photograph at Disneyland (not packed)?

Started 2 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MinAZ
MinAZ Veteran Member • Posts: 5,123
A good time to photograph at Disneyland (not packed)?

I've always wanted to take a family shot in front of Cinderella's castle at Disneyland in Anaheim, but it's usually so packed you get people in the background especially if taking the shot from Main Street USA. I was thinking, if we went on a weekday while school is in (the kids would have to take a day off from school), would we be able to get a clear shot with few people in the way? I've never been on anything other than a weekend on school holiday, so no idea what the crowd sizes are like, but I've been to Knott's Berry Farm on certain weekdays where it was a literal ghost town. Anyone tried this with any success?

(Follow up unrelated question: has anyone done Disney without the kids? Our kids are very young and we want to do the new Star Wars land but they probably wouldn't appreciate it. And why pay extra for what they don't care about right? But we've never done that before and I must admit to feeling slightly guilty about even contemplating it... If anyone has done this and left the kids at home, how was the experience, would you do it again, and was it worth it?)

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Bob
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow