Photography amd GPDR

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
hammarbytp Regular Member • Posts: 321
Photography amd GPDR

I recently took some images at my local remembrance parade as I generally do to create a historical record. One of the images was of the march going part a old peoples home with some of the resident and staff sitting outside.

I posted some of the images on social media and I got a message from the care home manager claiming that the image could not be posted since it contravenes GPDR legislation of posting images of residents and staff on social media.

Now i have had dealings with GPDR and my initial reaction was that this is a overstretch of GPDR, but it is something I am seeing more and more recently.  Basically the photo was taken in a public place, there was no address or names in the image. However some initial research has shown that actually there  may actually be some issues here

Has anyone got any insight or advice?

(P.S The image has been taken down as a courtesy, but I would like to know more for future reference )

hammarbytp's gear list:hammarbytp's gear list
Sony a6000 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Tamron SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD Samyang 100mm F2.8 Macro +1 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow