GX8 and G9

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
Gerry Siegel
Gerry Siegel Senior Member • Posts: 2,569
Re: GX8 and G9

Valentinian wrote:

You're right - not the same battery

I enquired with B&H and they give me $354 credit for my perfect GX8, 3 batteries and two chargers vs. purchase of a new G9 (which therefore would cost me $ 644 at today listing)

now have to decide

The GX 8 was not a great seller.At least Really Right Stuff told me same when they had no plate for the Arca Swiss mount when I called. It was derided by DPR  as a Big Beast by the reviewer back then.

But it was and still is a great camera. I am getting a G9 but would not think of selling my GX8 body. Which has a different shape but its own advantages. One of which is a slimmer profile. I just really like the GX 8 and got one for a bargain price w warranty.

In any event, financials aside, I think you can handle a private sale and garner a better price if you go that route. The bigger battery will be a help since the GX 8 kind of eats battery power in my hands. Nonetheless, I say the GX 8 is a classic design. Tilting EVF for one reason. Has good build as well....think twice about taking that offer, even if it represents market value...Good luck and happy holidays.

Gerry Siegel's gear list:Gerry Siegel's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix Real 3D W3 Panasonic ZS100 Olympus E-3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow