Open-Box/New Nikon Z 85mm F1.8 S (adorama)

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Digital Shutterbug Veteran Member • Posts: 4,283
Re: Open-Box/New Nikon Z 85mm F1.8 S (adorama)

Mackiesback wrote:

Digital Shutterbug wrote:

Mackiesback wrote:

Digital Shutterbug wrote:

Mackiesback wrote:

You can't save the tax. Not if you are following the law.

You can if you buy from B&H and use their Payboo credit card. The card is issued by Synchrony Bank, and only usable for purchases at B&H. At the time of a purchase, they calculate your local tax and immediately issue a credit for that same amount. I don't know if Synchrony or B&H is eating the cost of the tax. Maybe they are sharing that tax burden. In any case, the customer doesn't pay it.

He was referencing a deal at Adorama.

So, "You can't save the tax. Not if you are following the law." only applies to Adorama?

Cmon. Jeez.

B&H charges the tax, which is why he was considering the deal at Adorama.

You have to pay the tax no matter where you buy the lens if you are following the law. But I think you probably new that. Anything else?

Yes, something else. You still didn't read, or understand my post. If you use the Payboo card, they instantly credit the amount of the tax back to you. So yes, you satisfy the law by paying the tax. However, you receive a credit back for that amount so somebody else is in effect paying the tax for you.

And no, you can't get the same deal at Adorama. If they don't collect the tax, which they haven't done in my last couple of purchases, the law requires that the sales tax be reported and paid to the state by the purchaser. I've never said differently. But, for whatever reason, you want to argue with me about it.

-- hide signature --

Steve

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow