Adobe is killing the perpetual license for Photoshop CS6

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ChuckB Contributing Member • Posts: 550
Re: Adobe is killing the perpetual license for Photoshop CS6

calson wrote:

I had a volume license for my company that was purchased in 2017 for Photoshop CS6. We had been installing it on new computers for the past several years. Now we are being told by Adobe that the license has "expired" and is no longer valid.

Did they tell you this personally or is it an "error" message during install?

I bought a used copy of CS6 from a private party who had deactivated the license for his computer. When I went to install it I got the message that the serial number was not valid. Clearly Adobe is killing off standalone licenses for CS6 to force people into paying for Cloud monthly subscriptions and renting the software.

Again, has Adobe told you this personally? I am not carrying water for them, but when I ran into this problem some time ago it was a buggy install process and not a policy change or an expired license. A phone call (OK, a long one with lots of waiting) fixed the issue.

ChuckB's gear list:ChuckB's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony RX100 III Sony RX10 III Panasonic Lumix DC-ZS70 Sony a77 II +7 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow