Advice For New A7R II Owner On Full Manual Operation

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
Curtis B
OP Curtis B New Member • Posts: 7
Re: Advice For New A7R II Owner On Full Manual Operation

Has anyone encountered a difference adapting FD lenses in terms New FD versus the older breech mount or ssc marked lenses?

i had thought they should both work on this Fotodiox adapter I have.  Low and behold I now have two lenses that won’t stop down with this adaptor but one that will.  I compared them and the one that does is the breech mount that has metal pins versus plastic ones on the newer models.  It looks like it should be the same but the construction is different.

Thing is I don’t have a lot of FD glass just yet.  I’m sort of a collector though but while I’d like to adapt it to the Sony A7R II i also have and intend to use a Canon A-1 35mm camera.  Since one lens actually does function with the fotodiox I’ll probably just try a couple other adaptors just to see.  Once they get here etc.

All three seem to work fine on the film camera interestingly.  I’ll run a roll through it and see.

Curtis B's gear list:Curtis B's gear list
Fujifilm X100F Nikon D750 Nikon D7500 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +20 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow