Graph in viewfinder display on E PM2

Started 11 months ago | Questions thread
Guy Parsons
Guy Parsons Forum Pro • Posts: 35,029
Re: Graph in viewfinder display on E PM2

OLY23 wrote:

If you shoot raw, I would follow Parsons’ suggestion. If you shoot JPEG as I do, experiment. I’m an old film shooter and don’t enjoy sitting in front of a computer, so I like to do it in camera, occasionally using external filtration like I did shooting chrome film. Olympus JPEG’s are pretty good.

To each his own. The choice is yours, have fun.

To follow on from that, you can use Olympus Workspace as a tool to find the best settings to use for the camera.

Take some raw+jpeg shots then use Workspace on the raw files and experiment with all the settings to produce different jpegs, then sit back and compare the resulting jpegs to see what settings worked best, then use those settings in the camera for the jpegs.

OK, different situations need different settings so the Workspace experimenting will reduce the time wasted in the field with wrong settings.

Workspace from https://support.olympus-imaging.com/owdownload/ and I have found that using '123456789' as a serial number always works.

By the way, although Workspace will only accept raw files from Olympus, it will conveniently accept jpegs from any source, so all camera brands jpeg can also be fiddled with in Workspace - but there is better software out there if only playing with jpegs.

Regards..... Guy

Guy Parsons's gear list:Guy Parsons's gear list
Sony RX100 VI Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus PEN E-P5 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow