Best Noise Reduction Software

Started Mar 27, 2018 | Discussions thread
OzarkAggie Senior Member • Posts: 2,153
Re: Best Noise Reduction Software

Jefftan wrote:

Digital Nigel wrote:

It's an image-by-image decision and you need to see that you're happy with what DeNoise AI does.

isn't that ridiculous for a so called AI program?

Unless you're shooting in manual mode and the subject is similar the content is going to be different.   Most of the noise is in the shadows and Topaz does a pretty good job of detecting noise versus usable data.  But if ISO varies between shots so does the DR.

Batch processing is analogous to using a preset.  It's lazy.   Pros use them because they need to process hundreds of photos for a wedding or a sports event.   90÷% will never be enlarged or printed.   For the few that will be Ai can make improvements other programs can not.

I switched from Neat Image to Topaz Denoise years ago and they sent me Ai as an upgrade - free.  Not sure if I would have bought it but now I'm glad I have it.

The "best" software is the program that does what you want it to do and produces an acceptable outcome.

Topaz isn't that program for you.  So why waste your time complaining or critiquing when you should be shopping elsewhere.

OzarkAggie's gear list:OzarkAggie's gear list
Canon PowerShot A590 IS Canon PowerShot G1 Canon PowerShot Pro1 Canon EOS 10D Canon EOS M +11 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Lan
Lan
Lan
Lan
Lan
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow