Canon EOS R (with updates) vs Sony A7RII

Started 3 weeks ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
segrad1
segrad1 Regular Member • Posts: 134
Canon EOS R (with updates) vs Sony A7RII

Good morning photography family.

I'm about to SPLURGE in a major way next week on Black Friday. I have been shooting with my baby, the Canon T6 for the past 3 yeary and I'm upgrading with TWO camera purchases. I have had my eye on the Sony A7RII for the past two years and had my mind made up to purchase one. However the Canon EOS R has been flirting with me hard, and with everyone raving about the firmware updates (Manny Ortiz especially and he's a Sony shooter) I'm wondering should I get that insteaa?

I have read reviews from cameradecision.com mirrorlesscomparision.com cnet and the photoblogger to name a few. All seem to think the A7RII is better. I went to Best Buy and played around with both. I LOVE the feel of the EOS R  I have big hands so that play a part. Both focus extremely fast and have great inage quality. The pre Black Friday prices have them both listed for 1799 at Best Buy, Adorama (they include a LOT of accessories by the way) and Bhphoto. I mainly shoot portraits and street photography with a little video  Has anyone shot in the real world with both and which one would you ladies and gentlemen choose?

In case you guys care, the other canera I'm DEFINITELY buying is the Panasonic G9. This is a GREAT canera. Enjoy your day and thanks in advance for your responses. PEACE from ATL ✊🏾📸

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS Rebel T6 (EOS 1300D) Panasonic Lumix DC-G9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow