Sony A9 Image quality. (vs. a7iii)

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Lasse p Regular Member • Posts: 205
Sony A9 Image quality. (vs. a7iii)

I have sold off all of my Nikon gear and i am ready to invest heavily into the Sony ecosystem.

I have had my mind set on the Sony A9 for a long time, because of the fantastic auto focus system. However coming from the d850 that delivers some really amazing image quality, my only worry is how much of an impact the quality of the images will take moving onto the A9.

Now i am obviously ready to sell some of that quality for the gained autofocus performance, however i haven't been able to find any A9 files on the net that really popped and stood out. I have searched Flickr, google, fredmiranda etc. But i have had a hard time finding any photos that really popped. However when looking at images from the A7III, they looked fantastic. Great color and sharpness. Now i know that the A9 has the AA filter and in my mind, ive told myself thats the reason the A7III files looks better (since its absent on that camera).

But what is your experience as actual users of the A7III/A9 ? Is there a big difference in the image quality from camera to camera ?

Lasse p's gear list:Lasse p's gear list
Samsung Galaxy S10
Nikon D850 Sony a9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow