My M50 has new Godox wireless flash buddies!

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Casey Cheung Senior Member • Posts: 1,416
Re: Godox X2T remote transmitter emits AF assist beam!

Alexis wrote:

That's great to hear and I'm glad I'm teaching you things about Godox!

Yes the said transmitter does have a hotshoe for attaching your flashgun on top which is handy. My Phottix Odin does not have that feature.

The question is does the M50(as I don't have a 90D) work with this configuration. In other words when you mount the X2 on the M50 in a dark restroom does it emit the red 'snowflake'?

Well, your wish is my command...again! LOL! I went back to my dark restroom..again. This time with the Godox X2T transmitter on top of the M50 hotshoe. Tried and tried and tried and tried again for 15 minutes. No luck. No joy. No red lights. No snowflakes!

The Godox X2T has 2 switches located on the right side. On/off for power. On/off for AF assist beam. Both are on, but nothing, no smiles, no anything...just staring at the shower curtain in darkness. Sad.

The X2T has screen menus for settings, but none of the settings relates to enabling the AF assist beam. So I will have to tell you that it's a no go for ignition, Houston.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MAC
MAC
kli
kli
MAC
MAC
MAC
kli
MAC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow