Fujifilm Software Distortion Correction ?'s

Started 2 weeks ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Human Elements
Human Elements Regular Member • Posts: 116
Fujifilm Software Distortion Correction ?'s

Hopefully simple couple of questions. As you probably know, many of Fujifilm's lenses use software distortion corrections to varying degrees. Looking at the RAW files, you can strip or re-add the lens profiles in Capture One. My questions are:

- when looking through the viewfinder with a given lens, is the view I'm seeing with or without the lens correction? For example, my XC 15-45mm shows a pretty heavy correction crop when I look at the RAW files. But is that simply "pre-cropped" when looking through the viewfinder or am I losing actual viewfinder coverage?

- I've heard software correction is lossy, meaning you lose resolution when the camera makes corrections? Just wondering how true this is and what's actually affected.

I'd find a way to test these things myself except the camera's in the shop, so no can do. Hope you smart folks can help; thanks!

-- hide signature --

Photos and Writing at: https://humanelements.blog/

Human Elements's gear list:Human Elements's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 23mm F2 R WR Fujifilm 15-45mm F3.5-5.6 OIS PZ
ANSWER:
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow