Veteran Stock Photog's - anyone actually pull their images out & go on own?

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
veeco5150 Contributing Member • Posts: 510
Veteran Stock Photog's - anyone actually pull their images out & go on own?

I've been doing stock photography on the side for about 20 years ... think I started right about when the bubble really started to burst, having great sales that rapidly went south. 
For those 20 years with every month/year of declining sales it is all talk about photographers pulling out. Some do. Most don't. I stayed in. I'm not sure I want to do any more work pulling and re-posting imagery in a dying market.

For those lucky few, a personal website and self stock sale is incredible; but from experience this is very rare.

Just wondering if anyone had actually pulled their images years ago and attempted to go on their own. Any thoughts?

I've sold a lot of images over the years and made a good amount of money off images that others could do better I'm sure but I've never had any sales come from my own website ... not have I had even a fraction of the success with other photo libraries I've had with Getty.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow