Help: red/magenta circle on Sony A7III pictures

Started 3 weeks ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Deki Majstor New Member • Posts: 2
Help: red/magenta circle on Sony A7III pictures

Hi all,

I couldn't find a similar post, that's why I decided to make a new one.

Some of my pictures have a red/magenta "circle" / artifact. It doesn't happen all the time and I couldn't figure out what the cause of it is. It happens in different lighting conditions, indoors (artificial light) and outdoors (full sunlight). The circle changes form and color depending on lighting. Lens correction/profile corrections in LR didn't help.

All the attached shots were in RAW with an aperture of f/2.8 with different shutter speeds and different focal lengths on the same setup: Sony A7III and Tamron 28-75 2.8.

e-front curtain shutter - off

The first picture is an extreme example and you can clearly see it. I marked it in the second and third picture. I shoot a lot at f/2.8 with the same setup for my professional work indoors, outdoors with and without flash and the problem is not consistent. It doesn't happen a lot.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

indoor shot with artificial light.

outdoor, full sunlight

I removed a person from this picture. Focus on the bottom and upper half of the picture where the red/magenta circle is clearly visible.

ANSWER:
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow