Started 3 weeks ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Manzur Fahim
Manzur Fahim Senior Member • Posts: 2,346
Sony FE 85mm F/1.4 GM or Batis 85mm F/1.8

Hello everyone,

Hope you are well.

I am thinking of getting a 85mm lens for my Sony A7R IV and I was wondering which one to go for. I have used the 85mm GM before, and it is a great lens but also heavy and slow-ish at AF. I have used the 85mm F1.8 when I had the A7r III which is fast but I was thinking if I should get the Batis as I've never tried it before.

Other than the lens getting attracting dirt quicker due to the rubber ring, how is the image quality? Is IQ comparable to FE 85mm 1.8 or 85mm GM? How fast is the AF, more importantly how does it work with the A7r IV?

There is also another thing. I am not a big fan of the color A7R IV is producing, I somehow liked the A7R III color more. I've heard a good deal about Zeiss color, how is this rendering color?

Sorry for so many questions, but please share your experiences with the lens. I'd highly appreciate it.

Many thanks everyone.

Manzur

Manzur Fahim's gear list:Manzur Fahim's gear list
Fujifilm GFX 100 Sony a7R IV Fujifilm GF 110mm F2 Fujifilm GF 23mm F4 Sigma DP2 Merrill +7 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony a7R III Sony a7R IV Zeiss Batis 85mm F1.8
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow