Fun Project

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
NewEraPhotographer
NewEraPhotographer Contributing Member • Posts: 559
Re: Fun Project

Sunset wrote:

Krav Maga wrote:

Sunset wrote:

Technical Note- in this grip position, the cartridge could easily be ejected on a path to the face. Seems to already have an injury at the corner of the right eye. Better to rotate the grip a bit more clockwise.

This has not been my experience. It's called a "ready high" position. Pretty typical posturing in an imminent threat situation. It's not meant for necessarily firing from, but to be able to position quickly from a semi-ready position. Spent casings generally eject at nearly a right angle to the weapon. Because of this and the way the weapon is positioned, if firing is needed from this position, the casing will eject upwards at about a 45 degree angle; the angle the weapon is positioned.

This is also useful to prevent pelting cohorts who may be to the immediate right of you with spent casings.

But I'm happy you appreciate the photo

I do appreciate the photo. Your work has been consistently improving both in subject matter and experimentation. You are a serious photographer.

As I said, the shooting position is fine for picture taking. But for dealing with an armed enemy, there are better approaches.

Enjoy the day. And keep shooting (with cameras).

I dont necessarily agree with your statement that there are better approaches to dealing with an armed enemy. This is what I consider a "dynamic shooting position" meaning that in the world in which we may have to deploy a firearm to combat an enemy, rarely are we dealing with perfect scenarios. We cant always aim in a vertical stance. Obstructions of all shapes and sizes cause dynamic shooters to change their aim point/angle/grip, especially indoors when clearing rooms or when using cover/concealment.

It is so nice to see a well done photo where the subject knows what they are doing with the firearm. It's easy to see she is proficient with a handgun. Also... my Sig P320 ejects the brass 90° to the right.. so I dont see this as a problem. Anyways, the last thing a proficient shooter will think about when facing an armed combatant is what direction the brass ejects. The danger of an ejected shell casing pales in comparison to a hollow point flying back towards you. Anyone would gladly take a burn if it meant they shot effectively to stop the threat, no matter what angle used when scanning for the enemy.

Great photo Krav!

NewEraPhotographer's gear list:NewEraPhotographer's gear list
Sony a7 II Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sony FE 28mm F2 Sony FE 50mm F1.8 Sony FE 85mm F1.8
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow