Switching from Nikon to the Fuji XT30

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
kierenlon
OP kierenlon Contributing Member • Posts: 707
Re: Switching from Nikon to the Fuji XT30

BryceM wrote:

Welcome! I went from the D50 to D200 o D300 down to the D7000 (for video). Loved 'em all, but that D200 was probably my favorite for some reason I could never quite pin down. The newer ones made bigger files, but not better files it seemed to me. Anyway, the X-T2 was a perfect fit for me, and within two weeks of buying my X-T2 and evaluating it, all of my "gold boxes" of Nikon gear had been sold.

Thank-you.   It is nice to hear the camera paths people have walked,  it is one thing that helped my decision.  I've just dug out the gold boxes from storage as I need to sell to cover.  I've seen lots and lots of forum posts of those that share your opinion on the D200 image quality.    I'll probably be keeping the D40 which also used a CCD image sensor.   I like the pictures it produces - not sure why, perhaps the lack of dynamic range gives it an old generation charm.

kierenlon's gear list:kierenlon's gear list
Nikon Coolpix A Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM Nikon AF-Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow