Geotagging software/app (Windows 10)

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Big Swifty Regular Member • Posts: 404
Geotagging software/app (Windows 10)

I've just started getting into 360 panoramas and using them to create virtual tours and I want to become a Google Trusted Photographer so that I can offer my clients the service of being able to add the panoramas directly to their Google Map/Business pages.

In order to be a Trusted Photographer Google needs to accept 50 of your submissions.

My situation is that when I go to 'contribute' Google looks for photos taken at 'places I've been,' which means either photos taken with a cellphone or photos with geotagging info in the EXIF data. I took mine with my Fuji X and didn't have my cellphone connected via Wi-Fi to capture the geotagging data.

Can anyone recommend an easy to use program that I can use on my PC to enter this data? The photos in question were all taken in a public square which is also a tourist attraction and (the park's paths and fountain are) currently not represented on Google Maps (other than the surrounding roads). I'd like to be able to use software where I can point out on a map specifically where each of the photos was taken (every few meters apart) if possible. Is it necessary to be this specific, or can I just use the same geotagging info for each photo?

I've already tried posting this on the Google Guides forum and haven't received any replies. Getting any response from Google directly is seemingly impossible. Thought I'd try here.

Big Swifty's gear list:Big Swifty's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Samyang 8mm F2.8 UMC Fisheye Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +6 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow