My New Z6 - Going to Vietnam and Cambodia - Lenses?

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
BurnImage
BurnImage Regular Member • Posts: 476
My New Z6 - Going to Vietnam and Cambodia - Lenses?

I’m very lucky to be spending a month in Vietnam and Cambodia, departing next month.

I very much enjoy street and reportage type photography, as well as capturing the usual landscapes and sights like you do when you travel.

I have recently changed to Nikon Z6 with 14-30mm f4, 24-70mm f4 and 50mm 1.8 prime. Those 3 lenses will make the trip.

I'd gone Nikon dSLR for many years, then to Olympus M43 for the last 2 years and now back to Nikon with the Z6.

I don’t normally travel with (and don’t currently own) a telephoto lens, although I've had reach out to 120mm in the past when travelling. Lightroom says I don't go that long that often on travels.

But as this is a bucket list trip of a lifetime I thought I’d ask if a telephoto is needed for these destinations?

The 70-300mm AF-P is affordable and easy enough to carry, and would round out my lens collection. I was going to add that lens eventually, but do I need it and carry it for this trip?

Thoughts?

BurnImage's gear list:BurnImage's gear list
Nikon Z6 Nikon Z 24-70mm F4 Nikon Z 50mm F1.8 Nikon Z 14-30mm F4
Nikon Z6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow