I won't say I'm joining the dark side...

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Veloster75 Contributing Member • Posts: 834
I won't say I'm joining the dark side...

or any other terminology that get people going. I will just say I'm joining the Sony ranks which has thee best ML AF performance on the planet. Just ordered my a7R4 with grip and a Sony 200-600 lens.  I dipped my feet with Sony years back with a a7R2 so I'm not totally unfamiliar with Sony. I'm also a long time shooter of over 45 years with a deep knowledge base. All Nikon with a little Leica too. Now a few questions if you all don't mind.

1. Best settings for BIF

2. Flash recommendations? Mostly from the  hotshoe

3. An excellent all around lens that's not GM. I know the Gm lenses are great and I had the 24-70 f2.8 GM and the 100-400 GM. However, I already broke the bank switching over to a completely new system so I have to watch the cost and I like my retirement. I hear the Tamron 28-75 is outstanding. How's the Sony 24-105 f4 as far as optical quality in comparison? Optical quality is more important to me than f2.8. The Sony has a much better FL range but if it's not optically excellent then a better FL is useless to me. Anything other lens I should consider for walkaround with high optical quality?

4. anything else that's rather important?

Looking forward to learning/shooting Sony again. Thank you for your time.

Yervant

-- hide signature --

Have a great life.

Veloster75's gear list:Veloster75's gear list
Sony a7R IV Venus Laowa 15mm F2 FE Zero-D Sony FE 24-105mm F4 Sony FE 200-600 F5.6-6.3 Sigma 14-24mm F2.8 DG DN +8 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow